2) Contact the studio to determine placement in an Introductory Course class by either:
a) Email: Complete the enrollment contact form; OR
b) Phone: (314-645-9785) and speak to the director. Office hours are Monday – Saturday, 1:00 – 4:00 P.M.
3) Upon placement in class, submit the session payment in full before the class session begins.
- Fees are payable to ‘Yoga St. Louis’ by cash, check or money order.
- On the check memo line, include the day and start time of your class.
- First time students: include your preferred telephone number & email address on the check.
- Mail the payment via USPS, or drop it off in the locked mail box at the studio.
4) Zoom enrollment procedure during temporary closure due to COVID-19 pandemic:
- Normal office hours have been suspended for the duration of the pandemic. If you have any questions, please email us with your telephone number and we’ll give you a call as soon as possible.
- Please email your address and telephone number to be given a spot in each specific Intro class.
- New students will be emailed a confirmation that includes your Zoom link to class, along with a Consent and Waiver of Liability form that includes a Medical History form. Please return the signed waiver and completed history, along with your check, by USPS, to reconfirm your spot prior to the beginning of the session. Do not return the form by email.
- Upon receipt of your completed form and check, we will call you to schedule a complimentary ten-minute Zoom meeting prior to the beginning of the session. This will provide an opportunity to ask questions in private, express any concerns you may have about class, and review your signed Consent and Waiver of Liability / Medical History form with the instructor.
Please familiarize yourself with our policies prior to enrolling.
The course fee is no longer subject to sales tax per state law.
The course fee includes use of all the equipment you’ll need in class: mats, blankets, blocks, belts, and chairs, as well as one-of-a-kind, custom-made props. Students are never charged rental fees for the use of these items in class.
Payment is due in advance of the start of each session. Please allow sufficient time for the U.S. Postal Service to deliver your payment before the first class of the session.
You are also welcome to stop by the studio to drop off your payment, or leave it in our locked mail box.
We will gladly refund your tuition payment on the following schedule:
- Prior to the first week of the session: 100% tuition.
- Prior to the second week of the session: 100% tuition minus a $22 drop-in fee.
- Prior to the third week of the session: 100% tuition minus a $44 fee for two drop-in classes.
- During or after the third week of session: no refunds.
Refund requests must be received either by email or discussed with the instructor prior to the day that you are registered for class.
The date and time of your refund request, not class attendance, is the primary criteria for dating refunds.
Due to their limited enrollment, refunds are not provided for absences from:
- private classes (e.g. missed appointments)
- single day workshops
- multiple day Intensive Courses
Gift certificate purchases are non-refundable and be used within six months of the date of purchase.
- Missed classes must be made up during the current session in another Intro level class. Exceptions will be made for those who have contracted, or been exposed to COVID (see below).
- Please inform the instructor in advance if you plan to be absent so you can know what will be covered during the next class.
- If you experience ‘flu-like’ symptoms, do not return to class until your fever and other symptoms are gone, and you no longer require the use of fever-reducing medicine.
- Stay home if you answer yes to any of the following screening questions. Classes can be made up after you recover.
a. Do you have, or do you think you have a fever, sore throat, or runny nose?
b. Have you been in contact with a COVID-diagnosed patient?
c. Do you have any respiratory or gastro-intestinal symptoms?
- Onsite Protocols During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During the pandemic classes are limited to nine students to maintain social distancing.
In consultation with the doctors and nurses who are yoga students, we have developed class protocols to keep students safe with the resumption of onsite classes. These are in accord with the 6-25-21 WHO standards that recommend masking, distancing, and hand hygiene for vaccinated people to combat the spread of highly-contagious COVID variants. The City of St. Louis mandated masks starting July 23, 2021.
If you miss class due to exposure to, or the contracting of, COVID, you will receive a commensurate class credit applicable to the current or succeeding session.
New COVID cases have spread primarily amongst the unvaccinated. Because 39% (2-24-22) of St. Louis City and County residents have not been vaccinated, we observe these protocols, based on 1-4-22 CDC guidelines, to prevent the spread of COVID.
1. Since the vaccinated can also transmit the disease (1-10-22), cloth and surgical masks will no longer be acceptable because they offer significantly less protection. Students are required to upgrade to at least a KN 95 or KF94 mask in class to protect vulnerable students.
2. Starting with the March 2022 session, a printed photocopy (not transmitted by email) of your booster and vaccination record will be required for enrollment. Exceptions will be made only for those on immune-suppressant medications who have been advised by their doctors that boosters are ineffective.
3. Students who contract COVID must wait a minimum of 15 days before returning to onsite classes with a negative PCR, or antigen test, or a note from your doctor stating you are no longer contagious.
Whether you are able to fully participate in class depends on how much energy you have. If fatigued, forward bends are OK, and could even promote recovery. However ‘muscular’ poses, such as unsupported standings and backbends, will just deplete you. We will do whatever we can to help you with your practice, whether in, or outside of, class. There is no need to hurry return to class.
4. Students exposed to COVID must wait a minimum of 15 days before returning to onsite classes without a negative PCR test. Extending the quarantine period for 5 more days is an extra step to protect our vulnerable students.
We reserve the right to move a class to Zoom if multiple students are exposed to COVID.
- New students are welcome to join mid-session with advance permission from the instructor.
- The course fee will be pro-rated for the remaining number of weeks in the session.
- No refunds for pro-rated class fees.
Fee: $22. Applies to the following circumstances:
- New students who would like to try the first class of the session, but are unwilling to commit to enrolling for the entire session.
- Visiting students from out of town who wish to take a class. Students are admitted at the instructor’s discretion.
Fee: $16. For students enrolled in the current session who wish to take an occasional extra class.